How to Make Waffles Benedict - Brunch Special
- 1 cup of Golden Malted Original Waffle and Pancake Mix
- 3 eggs (1 for waffle batter, 2 for poached eggs)
- 3 large egg yolks (for Hollandaise Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup firm butter
- 5 oz. water
- 2 tsps melted butter
- ¼ cup hollandaise sauce
- 1 slice of Canadian Bacon
- Beat egg, water and 1 teaspoon mint extract together
- Add Golden Malted Original Waffle and Pancake Mix and mix well
- Stir in melted butter
- Ladle onto hot waffle iron and remove when the outside becomes crispy. We recommend using the Golden Malted Gourmet Waffle Baker - makes perfect waffles every time
- Set aside while you prepare the poached eggs, Canadian bacon, and hollandaise sauce.
- Heat a medium skillet on medium-low heat. Once hot, add Canadian bacon and cook until it has cooked as desired.
- Bring 1 inch of water to a simmer in a medium size saucepan.
- Crack eggs into each of their own custard cup or small ramekin.
- Use a spoon to quickly stir the water in one direction until it’s smoothly spinning around.
- Add each egg by carefully dropping it into the center of the whirlpool.
- Turn off the heat and cover the pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove each egg with a slotted spoon and set aside on a paper towel.
- Top waffle with Canadian bacon and poached eggs.
- In small saucepan, vigorously stir egg yolks and lemon juice with a wire whisk.
- Add ¼ cup of butter.
- Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly until butter is melted.
- Add remaining ¼ cup of butter - stir vigorously until butter is melted and sauce is thickened.
- Serve overtop poached eggs immediately and Enjoy!