Classic Chicken & Waffles
- Heat oil to 350°F in a deep fryer.
- Season the chicken tenders on both sides with salt and pepper. Whisk flour and garlic powder together in a medium casserole dish. Add buttermilk to a second casserole dish, and the panko to a third casserole dish.
- Dredge the seasoned tenders through the flour, the buttermilk, and then the panko.
- Add chicken to the deep fryer and fry for 4 minutes, until golden brown and crisp, and an instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Prepare waffle batter as directed on the back of packaging. Cook the waffles according to the directions for your Gourmet Waffle Baker.
- Serve waffles topped with the fried chicken. Serve with hot sauce and Golden Malted Classic Syrup.